A leading technology and engineering services business that designs and manufactures bespoke battery systems for next generation aerospace applications is currently looking to recruit a full time Mechanical Engineer. This purpose of this role is the design and development of mechanical parts of high-voltage battery systems. This will range from creating multiple initial concepts to freezing the design for manufacturing.
The Mechanical Engineer will:
- Work with the Systems team to generate battery/powertrain packaging concepts within a wide variety of aircraft.
- Create CAD design of battery components including metallic, CFRP, busbars, electrical harnesses, and injection moulded parts.
- Work with the CAE team to analyse and optimise designs for stress, thermals, fluid flows, etc.
- Support DFMEAs
- Work with the Manufacturing team to ensure good DFM.
- Generate engineering drawings for parts and assemblies.
- Generate component release documentation and ensuring compliance with requirements.
The successful Mechanical Engineer will have:
- Educated to BEng level as a minimum requirement.
- Experience using Siemens NX CAD for 3D modelling and generating 2D assembly and component drawings.
- Experience performing and using tolerance analysis to improve assembly design.
- Knowledge of basic hand calculations to size component such as fasteners, bond strength
- Knowledge of materials selection for properties such as temperature, conductivity, strength, stiffness, thermal expansion, etc