A leading technology and engineering services business that designs and manufactures bespoke battery systems for next generation aerospace applications is currently looking to recruit a full time CAE Engineer. This role requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering as a minimum complimented by a minimum of one-year industrial design experience which includes structural analysis or modelling.
The CAE Engineer will:
- Support structural modelling and simulation activities using hand calculations and FEA.
- Solve design problems through the use of Engineering first principles.
- Assist in the maintenance of modelling and simulation procedures and best practices and determine appropriate analytical and test methods to validate analysis.
- Simulate concept and detail designs using appropriate tools and approaches.
- Support the engineering team with mechanical design knowledge and materials specification.
- Work with test engineers to validate and refine models.
The successful CAE Engineer will have:
- Educated to BEng level as a minimum requirement.
- Accumulated at least one year’s experience within an industrial design role which includes structural analysis or modelling. (This could through an internship or sandwich year).
- Knowledge of FEA and mechanical design principles.