We are currently looking to recruit a full time Battery Test Engineer. The successful applicant will plan and manage development and qualification testing activities.
A leading technology and engineering services business that designs and manufactures bespoke battery systems for next generation aerospace applications is currently looking to recruit a full time Battery Test Engineer. The successful applicant will plan and manage development and qualification testing activities.
The Battery Test Engineer will:
- Create test plans, define, and deliver test equipment, and write test methods to validate designs for aerospace battery systems.
- Oversee a wide variety of electronic components (e.g. BMS), cell, module, and battery pack tests (e.g. characterisation, life, thermal propagation, shock & vibration, etc) and report results to relevant stakeholders.
- Create risk assessments.
- Process raw test data and analyse and interpret test results and assist with root cause analysis for any failures.
The successful Battery Test Engineer will have:
- A university level degree qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or other related discipline is essential. A Masters’ or Doctorate level qualification is also highly desirable.
- Prior experience within a role involving battery or electronics testing; preferably within the automotive or aerospace industries.
- Experience of data processing and analysis using tools such as MATLAB or Excel.
- Knowledge of battery test standards and regulations such as UN 38.3 is advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of aerospace standards and regulations such as DO-311A and DO-160G is advantageous but not essential.